We took a train into Manhattan. Spent the day going to
consulates trying to arrange visas. The Danish (for Greenland and the Faeroe Islands) do not require me to have a visa if I have a flight crew license, and for Iceland, they said it was OK if I didn't stay too long.
We promised to get out of Iceland quickly.
The Canadian consulate was closed and would be closed on Monday, so we decided that we would fly in to Canada and see what happens!
Later we took a cab to the Swiss
consulate and collected the box containing the 2 life rafts that Ernesto and Santiago had posted to us from Argentina.
After a long search we found an Internet café and handled our mail. We had to be quick at
$10 per hour each.