Woke up to very strong gusty winds. Estimated that the
winds were gusting up to 50 km/h. Olivier said I should go on alone and he would catch me when the weather improved. We chatted and decided to go on together and if the weather was that bad we would find a place to
Low clouds moved overhead. I chatted to some local pilots and listened to the weather. Not too good, but safe enough to move along the coast. Ceiling was at 1,000 ft.
A great tailwind varying
between 40 and 60 km/h shortened our flight. Weather didn't look great at all, but it didn't rain. After an hour, we hit severe turbulence. The clouds above us had thinned out and we decided to climb above them to
try and escape the rough ride we were having. It was smooth above the clouds at 3,500 ft.
At Woodbine we descended into the wild air near the ground. Landed on the taxiway.
We met Justin Speer, a
successful Aerotrike dealer, who was to look after us for 2 days. Thanks Justin.