We wanted to go early but the wind was howling. I guess
it was gusting up to 60km/h. The tailwind would be great, but the landing wherever that would be would be hectic. Olivier took a taxi to collect fuel and to get a met. report. Tomorrow the wind would be less – so we
decided to wait until the next day before going on.
It was a lazy day. In the evening we were invited to
have a drink with the family living nearby. It was wonderfully warm inside. They had no electricity – just a wood stove and candles. We sat in near darkness and enjoyed some great hospitality. Later, we were given
some eggs and bread to eat.
When we went to sleep the wind was still blowing and it was very cold.